booked it in

View previous topic View next topic Go down

booked it in

Post by amandaj on Wed May 08, 2013 4:41 pm

have booked cabby in for inner wheel arch liners (thanks mick ) and strut brace (thanks jimmy) ,i m guessing neither of these are long jobs to do as it didnt take them long to take out the inner wheel arch liners lol ,also i think i may of bought 3 rst alloys ,yes just 3 ,i only needed 3 ,for thirty pounds ,not sure on condition but said with tyres ( have one already like brand new in boot ) from gumtree ,hubby gone to fetch them at 5 tonight ,will let you know .cheers

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Re: booked it in

Post by crash on Wed May 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Depends how they fit the strut brace I hope they don't just screw it to the strut tops like I've seen so many done before. As for the shit liners they are only a few minutes job each side.

gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj on Thu May 09, 2013 2:29 pm

yeah 3 of them alloys for £30 ,they dont look in bad condition ,slight not circle on one rear side wouldnt say major like big buckle ,i will need some advise soon thou about tyre patterns of tred ,as two have like same tred and one is like four lines lol ,will post pics up on fb tmoz ,im sure there was an old advert that said something like " dont have crossplys on the front with radials on the back " or dont that apply these days hehe thanks

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by crash on Thu May 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Lol I remember the old (ancient) advert about not mixing radials and crossplys I very much doubt that you will have radials on the new rims.

gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj on Sun May 12, 2013 11:09 pm

hehe , iwll have to take some pics of tred on all four and you can tell me best way round to put em on the cabby or to go and buy 4 more tyres lol

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by crash on Sun May 12, 2013 11:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrRz_ItWWDw
dont think you need to worry about the tyres being crossply. but you do need to check if they are diectionals and ensure they are running in the right direction. check the side wall for arrows or the word OUTSIDE.

gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj on Tue May 14, 2013 8:36 pm

oh yes will do the arrows thing ..next thing ,,,i needd some blank replacement centre caps but struggling to understand sizing, my orginal one ford centre cap is 88AB1000AA,same ones on ebay list as 57mm but ive measured front face of this and by my metal tape measure it says 55mm and the gap inbetween the pips on the inside is 45mm ,so what is right size to order replacemnet blank centre caps (i want my own decals ) thank you ,some quite cheap blanks on internet .. s2 alloys

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top